Wendy da Cruz
Energy Management Expert
Wendy da Cruz is South African born and bred. She has been involved in management system consulting, training and auditing since the early nineties, and is one of the first successful graduates of the UNIDO EnMS Expert programme and is currently an International UNIDO EnMS Expert.
Her qualifications include a BSc. Chemistry and BSc. Honours Biochemistry, with M.Sc. Certificate – Industrial Engineering – University of Stellenbosch.
Wendy has provided successful assistance to more than 50 organizations in their achievement of management system certification and accreditation, in fields of energy as well as environment and quality management.
Wendy’s EnMS exposure has included various industrial sectors such as chemical, beverage, waste treatment, automotive, IT, plastics, aviation, sanitation. Wendy participated in the UNIDO Energy General Meetings , in Vienna, as the South African conformity assessment representative. She has held SAATCA lead auditor registration status since 1999.
Wendy’s EnMS training and facilitation experience includes EnMS introduction and expert level as well as Lead Auditor since 2012, delivered in South Africa, Ukraine and Kenya. Energy case studies of her clients reflect millions of kWh and rand savings.
Among other energy management roles, Wendy serves on:
- NCPC EnMS Technical Committee
- Global EnMS Leadership Awards Program – Awards Selection Committee
- Energy Professionals International (EPI) – Leadership Committee and EPI ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Scheme Committee
- South African and ISO Technical Committee member for Energy (TC301)
- SANEDI review panellist Section 12l of the Income Tax Act (energy efficiency tax incentives)